Last Thursday, The organizers of the 29 Palms Book Festival unveiled their highly anticipated 2024 program at a launch party hosted at the historic Old Schoolhouse Museum in Twentynine Palms.
Scheduled to take place across four downtown locations on November 8 and 9, the 2024 edition of the festival anticipates a turnout of 500 visitors, including reading enthusiasts, acclaimed authors, guest speakers, and journalists. Highlights of the festival include:
- Diverse Author Showcase: Featuring 29 authors, the festival will provide attendees with the opportunity to engage with both established names and emerging talents in the literary world.
- Bookfair: Showcasing a wide array of literary works, including fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and more, the bookfair will include a special zone dedicated to young readers.
- Live Sessions: Engaging panel discussions will explore four themes: Native American Narratives, Eco and UFO literature, and Inspirational storytelling.
- Talk Sessions: Focused on the diverse and rich history of Twentynine Palms, these sessions, led by established and upcoming writers, will uncover hidden stories and untold anecdotes about the city’s past.
- Special Events: Special events will include a focus on Romance Fiction, a tribute to the audacious women behind “Wimmen’s Comix,” an evening dedicated to crime fiction readings, and a closing party in collaboration with Red Light Lit, providing guests with a range of cultural experiences to enjoy.
Additionally, the festival will serve as a platform to source books with potential for screen adaptation, that can be shot in and around Twentynine Palms. Selected stories and authors will be matched with producers invited to the festival and seeking projects for development into feature films and documentaries.