Staying healthy amidst a global pandemic is crucial and regular testing is part of that vigilance, so the Morongo Basin Healthcare District has stepped up to provide easy testing and flu shots to residents. Reporter Heather Clisby has details…
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, or even if you don’t, residents should consider getting tested for the virus. Starting Tuesday, November 17, the Morongo Basin Healthcare District will provide free COVID-19 testing and flu vaccines at various community centers in the Basin for the remainder of 2020.
Though the services are open to all, those with health insurance are asked to bring their information so that insurance can be billed.
Drive-thru testing will be offered at the following locations from 9 am until 11 am:
- Morongo Basin Community Health Center, 58375 29 Palms Hwy in Yucca Valley, on Tuesdays in November and December and on Saturday, December 12.
- Morongo Basin Community Health Center, 6380 Split Rock Ave in Twentynine Palms, on Thursday, November 19, December 3, 10, and 17, and Monday, December 21.
- Morongo Valley Community Center, 11165 Vale Drive, on Monday, November 16 and Wednesday, December 2.
- Center for Healthy Generations, 57121 Sunnyslope Drive in Yucca Valley, on Wednesday November 18, and Monday December 7.
- Pappy and Harriet’s, Pioneertown, on Wednesday, December 16.
- Sportsman Lodge, 6225 Sunburst Street in Joshua Tree, on Monday, November 23, and Wednesday, December 9.
- Wonder Valley Community Center, 80526-1/2 Amboy Rd in Twentynine Palms, on Monday, November 30, and Monday, December 14.
Visit the MBHDistrict.org to view the list of test dates and locations.