MAN SEVERELY INJURED IN YUCCA VALLEY FIRE TUESDAY NIGHT

A man suffered severe burns from a fire in Yucca Valley last night. County Fire Battalion Chief Donnie Viloria said fire crews from Yucca Valley and Joshua Tree were called to a motorhome fire in the 58000 block of Carlyle Drive at 11:37 p.m. A man, identified only as being 45 to 50 years old, was inside the trailer at the time of the fire and suffered second- and third-degree burns to his face and extremities as he escaped from the RV. Paramedics treated him at the scene and he was taken to the Yucca Valley airport where he was then flown to a local trauma hospital. Viloria said the blaze was knocked down in minutes and firefighters kept the flames from spreading to a nearby house, trees, power lines, and another motorhome. Viloria said it appears that the fire was caused by a candle; he urges residents to exercise care around any open flame.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.