It promises to be monstrously great fun for cast and audience — Dan Stork has the audition call for “Young Frankenstein” at Theatre 29…
Theatre 29 will hold auditions for the musical “Young Frankenstein,” written by Mel Brooks and Thomas Meehan, with music and lyrics by Mel Brooks, on Monday August 18, at 6 pm, at the theater. “Young Frankenstein”, will be directed by Gary Daigneault with music direction by Bill Barrett.
For vocals, those auditioning are asked to bring a back-up CD or mp3 file on a Smartphone or mp3 player (no accompanist will be available). Broadway tunes only, (not from “Young Frankenstein”), no pop music, a cappella is discouraged. Readings will consist of cold sides from the script .
The characters include :
• Dr. Frederick Frankenstein – Male, age 20s or30s.
• The Monster – Male, age indeterminate, but BIG – the bigger the better. Must be able to emit howling/monster/grunting sounds. Knowledge of tap dancing is a plus.
• Igor – Male, age 20s or 30s. Frederick’s faithful, bright-eyed, eager servant and friend–with a hunchback.
• Inga – Female, age 20s. Frederick’s bubbly, not-so-bright young assistant. Sexy, attractive. A resident of Transylvania. Yodeling is a plus.
• Elizabeth Benning – Female, age 20s or 30s. Self-loving, “madcap”, boisterous fiancé of Frederick.
• Frau Blücher (whinney..!) – Female, age 40 s/ 5 0s. Intense, stern housekeeper of Frankenstein estate.
• Inspector Hans Kemp – Male, age 40s/50s. Head of the police in Transylvania, with a wooden arm and leg. Justice-driven.
• Blind Hermit – Lonely, poor, blind town hermit longing for a friend.
• Dr. Victor Von Frankenstein – Male, age 40s/50s. Frederick’s infamous grandfather.
• Ziggy – Male, age in 30s. Well-intentioned village idiot.
• Additional cast members of up to 6 males and 6 females, will have multiple featured supporting roles, with lots of juicy lines and singing.
For information about auditions for “Young Frankenstein” contact Gary Daigneault at 760-366-8471 or email@example.com.