Yucca Valley firefighters were busy yesterday putting out fires. About 5 p.m. they responded to a motorhome fire near Old Woman Springs Road and Buena Vista. County Fire Captain Zach Taylor said the owners were about a mile away from where they had just purchased the motorhome when the engine caught on fire. The new owners had a fire extinguisher and the fire was mostly out when firefighters arrived.

Then about 7:15 p.m., the insulation for a water heater caught on fire at a unit in a four-plex on Airlane Drive. Taylor said the fire, caused by an electrical short, was knocked down quickly.

Firefighters were then called to their third fire of the day in the 7400 block of Joshua View about 8 p.m. where a travel trailer, still attached to a pick-up truck, had caught fire. The travel trailer was 50 percent involved with flames when firefighters arrived. Firefighters managed to save the truck. Taylor said the cause was a pilot light for the propane-generated refrigerator in the travel trailer.


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.