The Morongo Basin Transit Authority has leveraged fee income it gets from other agencies to fund a program of Transportation Assistance Grants — the TAG program. Dan Stork describes how to get in on the program…
Local government agencies or nonprofit 501(c)3’s who can define an unmet transportation need that accesses, promotes, or augments MBTA transit services can apply for a grant.
Some project examples are (but not limited to):
• Trip reimbursement programs
• Providing matching local funds for federal transportation grants
• Capital assistance in acquiring equipment to be used solely for transportation needs of Basin elderly and disabled
• Operating assistance for services to be used solely for transportation needs of Basin elderly and disabled
• Match funding assistance for purchasing MBTA passes for eligible groups
Ineligible Projects include but are not be limited to
• those undertaken by private firms or individuals,
• or where funding would be for programs whose primary purpose is not transportation oriented,
• or programs deemed non-complementary or detrimental to MBTA services.
Application information is listed in this story at z1077fm.com. Submission deadline for the coming year’s grants is Friday August 22 at 5 pm. For more information call (760) 366-2986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please submit one signed (in blue ink) paper copy of each completed and signed project proposal to: Morongo Basin Transit Authority, TAG Program, 62405 Verbena Road, Joshua Tree, CA 92252. For assistance or information regarding the completion of this proposal, call (760) 366-2986 or email email@example.com . Applications will be available for download after … at the MBTA website www.mbtabus.com or by calling 760.366.2986.