Seems everyone wants to get in on the fun planned for Yucca Valley’s annual Grubstake Days Celebration May 25 to 29. It’s shaping up to be one of the most exciting in recent years and now there’s more reason for area businesses to take part. Reporter Mike Lipsitz explains …
Yucca Valley area businesses are best positioned to help spread Grubstake Days fever. And with that fever comes greater crowds, local shopping, and excitement. With that in mind, The Hi-Desert Star and Z107.7 Radio are co-sponsoring a free “Western Heritage Decorating Contest” for all businesses in the Western Morongo Basin. It is free to enter and the rules are simple. The businesses judged to best develop a “Western Heritage” storefront theme or interior receive hundreds of dollars in local advertising. Judging will be based on “Overall Appeal,” “Use of Space,” “Use of Light and Color,” “Inventiveness and Theme,” and “Wow Factor.” Painted windows do not qualify. First and second place will be awarded for “best” small and large interiors and exteriors. Enter for free by 5 p.m., Friday, May 19 by calling 760-366-8471. Winners will be announced May 26. Some restrictions apply.
COMPLETE CONTEST RULES & RESTRICTIONS
- Entry is limited to commercial enterprises; home-based business are ineligible. Employees, and their families, of Morongo Basin Broadcasting and Hi-Desert Publishing are ineligible.
- Entries must be businesses physically located in the “Western Morongo Basin,” defined as from Morongo Valley to the west, Joshua Tree to the east, north to Johnson Valley, and south to the border of Joshua Tree National Park.
- There is no charge to enter.
- Deadline to enter is 5 p.m. Friday, May 19.
- Winners will be announced May 26.