The Give BIG San Bernardino County web-a-thon raised a total of $548,214 from 2,465 individuals making 3,533 donations to the participating 262 nonprofits throughout our county, exceeding the goal of raising $300,000. These nonprofits offer a variety of services from education to healthcare to recreational activities.
Give Big is a 24-hour online give day throughout San Bernardino County that raised funds for the local nonprofits that serve our communities. This was our county’s first ever dedicated day of giving and this philanthropic effort was meant to build a culture of philanthropy in our community.
Jim Schooler of Yucca Valley, a steering committee member for San Bernardino County’s Give Big event this past Thursday, reports that more than $30,000 was raised for Morongo Basin organizations. Unofficial results from the Razoo site showed more than 20 local organizations benefiting from the donation opportunity, with the Copper Mountain College Foundation the leading local beneficiary with over $5000 in donations. A fuller listing of unofficial results is in this story at z1077fm.com.
- CMC Foundation $5,130
- Dreams 4 Kids $4,040
- Youth Sports Park/ Miracle League $3,855
- MB Unity Home $2,284
- Mojave Desert Land Trust $2,270 plus a $400 golden ticket bonus
- Morongo Basin Haven $2,075
- Sky’s the Limit $1,660
- Boys & Girls Club of the Hi Des $1,312
- MB Humane Society $1,070 plus a $400 golden ticket bonus
- MB Historical Society $ 770
- Reach Out Morongo Basin $ 735
- HDMC District Foundation $ 725
- Wildlands Conservancy $ 590
- Morongo Basin Ambulance $ 550
- Theatre 29 $ 505
- Desert ARC $ 320
- YVHS Career Pathways $ 250
- Feathers n’ Fur $ 248
- MBAHS/Ctr for Healthy Generations $ 200 plus a $800 golden ticket bonus
- MB Tennis Association $ 150
- MB Adult Literacy $ 70