A Twentynine Palms man did everything right when he filled up a gas can Monday, but he still had a car fire. Shortly before 1 p.m., Daniel Kariuki, 40, had filled up a regulation gas can with gasoline at a station on Adobe Road and put the filled can in the trunk of his 2001 BMW. As Kariuki was driving southbound on Mesquite Springs Road, he heard a loud noise and then saw smoke coming from his trunk. Kariuki pulled over in the 4100 block of Mesquite Springs Road, heard another noise, and saw even more smoke coming from the trunk. Firefighters said the fire was contained to the trunk.